Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reasons for getting back to work...

Many raise an eyebrow and show disapproval as soon as I mention that I am thinking of getting back to work. They all feel I am very insensitive toward my children and am committing a crime by even thinking of leaving my children in the care of a maid or in a day care. However, I believe that I will do them more good than bad by working.
Firstly, I will be less irritable an impatient toward them as my brains will be occupied. I will be more relaxed as I will spend some time doing things that I enjoy.
Secondly, with this growing inflation and rising prices...me working would mean bringing in dow that will make my family life comfortable. I will not have to think about budgeting our monthly expenses nor will I deny myself the shopping sprees that have a therapeutic effect on me.
My children will grow to be independent from a tender age. They will learn to take their own decisions, have a mind of their own and most importantly will learn to live without their parents around them 24 hours.
I know it will be difficult to manage the two and I might feel the pressure of working and meeting deadlines as well as the stress of being there for my children. There also may be times when I will feel like keeping both aside and taking time off just to be with myself. Nevertheless, I feel it will all be fun. I will be active...will be busy...will have no time to think about useless things...will have the pep in my life...and there will be an aura of positivism around me...which will spread like fire and positively affect everyone near me.

No comments: