Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's cold in Mumbai...are u joking!!!

9.4 degrees - that was the temperature yesterday.

This is not a joke...its true...After about fifty years Mumbai...a city which never experiences winter is witnessing a cold wave.

And me, like most Mumbaites is ill prepared. My son has only one sweater. There are just two pairs of socks which he uses on alternate days. I have just one light sweater and a shawl. My husband who is used to wearing only shorts at home, did not have track pants until yesterday. There is only one blanket, which is shared between me and my family.

I am not used to the cold at all and hence feel sick all the time. I have a sore throat and keep coughing through out the day. The nights are worse. I irritation in my throat increases at night thus giving me sleepless nights. The mosquitoes add to my sleeplessness as they prefer my house to the chilly outdoors.

If god grants me a wish...I would wish for the cold wave to pass by. I would wish for some warmth in my life...

No comments: