Sunday, February 10, 2008

why???

I have been wondering as to why certain things happen in life? Certain incidents - small and big that have happened in my life, very often due to my forgetfullness...

The other day, I lost my house keys. I had just dropped my son at the playschool and decided to walk back home. On my way, the strap of my purse broke lose and my purse fell down. I picked up my purse and without even thinking of checking whether the keys were in place, I walked away. I shopped for fruits and some drawing books for my son on my way. It was only when I was about fifty yards away from home, did I realize that the keys were missing.

Usually, I am very careful about the keys and ensure that I carry them whenever I go out. I am petrified of losing them and hence frequently scan my purse to ensure that they are safe, waiting for me to use them to open the door when I return back.

Did I lose the keys when my purse fell down? Why did I not check for any dropped belongings when I picked up the purse? or did I drop it sometime when I was shopping?

Later, I did check the shops I went to as well as the place where I had dropped the purse, but in vain. What baffled me was the fact that I had no memory of dropping the keys or of leaving them in any shop.

Is this sheer forgetfulness or did the world conspire against me as I was destined to lose the keys?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey loved ur blog..vachat jaen atta pasun

Arpan Sharma said...

Sharmila waiting for more. Sorry could not read it earlier. Have been travelling.